Established in 1985, OBERTHUR CASH PROTECTION is a pioneer in the design and manufacture of intelligent cash protection solutions protecting valuables for the Cash-In-Transit, ATM & Retail markets throughout the world.
- Headquarters in Levallois-Perret (France), production sites in Dijon (France) and Dundee (UK)
- Inventor of one of the first Intelligent Banknote Neutralization systems (IBNS) where ink is used to render cash valueless. First patent was filed in 1983 under the name of Axytel
- Owned by Francois-Charles Oberthur group
- 66 employees; 1/3 in Research and Development and 1/3 in After Sales Support
- ISO 9001 certified
- Compliancy to the WEEE and ROHS norms
- Over 60 000 systems deployed in more than 15 countries
Support professional cash-in-transit in creating a safer environment for employees, customers and public
supplying cash protection systems reducing theft opportunities
removing the anticipated reward and increasing the risk of being caught
using technology to mark money permanently as stolen.
Being a pioneer in the design and manufacturing of Intelligent Banknote Neutralization Systems, we’ve been a pacesetter in the cash protection industry for the last 25 years. As proud designers of Intelligent Banknote Neutralisation Systems, we are truly passionate about our work. Enthusiasm helps us generate new solutions and ideas, and permit us and our customers grow.
We offer a range of innovative products and services supporting professional cash handlers in creating a safer environment for employees, customers and public while deterring the crime.
The security concept of our product and solutions is based upon the fundamental idea of removing any reward of the crime by removing the value of cash. Valuables should never fall into the hands of criminals, but if they do, criminals will find them in an unusable state. Technologies we use can detect an attempted attack or theft and then permanently mark valuables as stolen, thus rendering them valueless.With over 60,000 intelligent systems protecting billions of banknotes all around the world on a daily basis, Oberthur Cash Protection continues to dominate the market with a significant presence in France and Belgium.